Designer, maker, crafter of unique silver and gold jewellery & small precious objects.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
blown away
Spent a week-end in Ottawa and happened upon the new War Museum and was completely blown away! Not the contents of the museum, not at all. I'm not one bit interested in the craft of war, but the building itself, the architecture, the angles, the lights, the finishes, the surfaces, the colors of grays and browns and greens... or lack there of.... depends how one looks at it. Oh what an absolutely gorgeous building. Today I'm in complete awe of architects! In love! I knew of the Moriyama & Teshima work done in the city, (mostly around the University) but was completely oblivious to what had sprung up in Ottawa only a few years ago. It is worth a visit, even if you don't like tanks, guns and planes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment